Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Date 3.5- The Afterparty

Its all or nothing with some men, especially when they are seeking the biblical "all", but after the first date with the Italian and the resulting onslaught of false affection and phone calls I was dying for more. Against my inner Rules Girl (my mother would die if she knew) I agreed to meet Marcello for 1 drink after the disappointing date with the petite gentleman. As I stepped out of the cab, I saw him literally running down the street towards me, hollering "Amore!" He picked me up, spun me around and kissed me.
What is the appeal of this man? I have an electric connection with him; my cheeks hurt from smiling so hard. I can't hide how dazzling I find him. I have been a starving man in the desert for years, dealing with a toenail of a boyfriend with whom I had little in common, and now I sit across from a glorious cool glass of water. This man fairly explodes with ideas, commentary, proposals. He asks me, "What do you think, amore? Should we date a little?" I have no idea what this means in his world, so I play it cool and avoid answers. I strategically ignore that he is not terribly interested in what I do, just interested in what we have in common and my thoughts on his projects and businesses. He tells me I'm beautiful so often, I'll forgive him for not giving a shit about anything else.
At the ripe old age of 33 I am having a rebound! This is why humans have done this for centuries! Take your broken heart down to the bar and bathe it in booze and false expectations! Boldly date the WRONG MAN and love it! Plan the wedding in your head and imagine two half Italian teenagers glaring at you while you repeat your vows! CRAZY WHEELS ARE TURNING!
After a couple glasses of gorgeous white wine, we roll out into the night, kiss on the curb and I nearly hurtle into oncoming traffic to break away and hail a taxi. Get me away from this whirling dervish of a man before I fall into the abyss!
SECOND TANGO OF THE NIGHT: SO GOOD I COULD THROW UP
RECURRING THEME: MEN STANDING ON A CURB TO GET A LEG UP
STEPCHILDREN: BRING 'EM ON

No comments:

Post a Comment